Originally Posted By: tman
[The second one is because you've not configured it properly.

I've been using email longer than some gmail engineers have been alive. I have everything configured properly. Their server side prefs allow gmail itself to delete mail, but your client has no control over this action - your client cannot delete content from gmail, period. Their pop interface simply doesn't map 1:1 to what you're presented with in their web mail system, which is unlike every other web mail system I've ever used in the past 15+ years.

Quote:

If you want better management then use IMAP like you're supposed to.

But I don't have a desire to use IMAP with gmail. I'm not "supposed" to do anything. Their system is supposed to work with established standards and it doesn't.

Both the problems I mentioned are well known and can't be worked around without using multiple email addresses - as I've mentioned in another thread.

The simple mater of fact is that Google simply sucks at design. I mean, they've got some architectural prowess when it coms to search, but even that's been going down hill for years. I'm sorry, but most of what I've seen from them, or technologies they've touched since acquisition, have just gone to crap. Sketchup another prime example. Bag of hurt.