I think I'm confused. I thought the default behavior in all versions of Windows was that all new explorer windows open to the size of the last closed window.

So I could have 4 folders open, all of different sizes, but if I resize one of them and close it, the next window I open will be the size of that closed window.

I just tried it and it seems to work for me, but then again I never had a Vista machine.

Windows 7, however, has one huge annoyance that they've changed as far as new windows go. Basically, Microsoft decided that they wanted the OS to forget Window positions. In previous versions, if I opened a folder on my desktop, moved it to the top-right, and closed it, then opened another folder, moved it to the bottom-left, and closed it, the next time I opened the first window, it would open again on the top-right where I left it. Now what it does is open each folder in a cascading fashion right in front of the last opened window.

It's one of a few little things I've noticed they changed that just don't make sense. I believe this one has a registry hack that can fix it, but the other change they made, which I find even more annoying, is that now if you highlight a certain number of files in a window (I believe it's more than 15), it removes the information on the bottom of the window as to how much space the files take up in total.

Ugh, you got me started. Sorry for going off like that. I love Windows 7, but there are a couple little things that are killing me...