I'll stick with CFL until LED bulbs of comparable brightness come in at $20 or less per bulb. And even then they've got to beat CFLs power consumption by more than 2x. At $70 per bulb and only 60w equivalency, they don't stack up very well to some 18w CFLs I'm using now. The 18w models are out about as much light as a 75w incandescent. A 23w can easily replace a 100w bulb. Colour rendering/temperature varies from brand to brand and model to model, so it's not impossible to find something you like. None of my bulbs produce audible buzz of any kind and they were all, except the ones I just bought, relatively cheap.

I just installed recessed fixtures in my family room yesterday which use GU24-based CFLs. The fixtures which came with bulbs, were $20 each. As a comparison, I can buy a six pack of GU10 halogen fixtures with bulbs for under $40 (but they burn at least 50w each ).

I have LED strips under my kitchen counters and I'm not happy with the colour reproduction at all. Fine for general lighting, but if you look at a piece of meat under them be prepared for some gross-looking results. These are not department store LEDs either - sourced them from LEDtronics.com over a year ago.

The only non-efficient lighting I have in my house right now are 2x 50w halogens in the range hood, three incandescent 40w bulbs in the dining room and master bedroom (they're on dimmers). I'll be looking to replace the dining and master bedroom fixtures soon, so we'll have to see what kind of lighting goes there next. At the very least I'll have to get dimmable CFL for the dining room if the fixture can support the correct base - those are like $20 each, ugh.

My iPhone incidentally is my favorite secondary gadget of 2010.