Originally Posted By: DWallach
I share your bafflement in Stella. How could a country that produces so many great beers produce Stella? It's inexplicable.

Oddly enough, I love Stella. It is one of my favorite beers ever.

Old Speckled Hen was amazing, but the only place I ever had that was in Singapore. The guy I was on travel with (now my boss) couldn't remember the name and kept referring to it as 'Old Spotted Chicken', which confused the hell out of the bartender. Fun times. In Japan, I had Sapporo Dark and Kirin Lager, both which were great and taste completely different from what we get stateside.

Killkenny is really good stuff, also. I also like Longboard. I tried Session Red for the first time on Saturday, and it is pretty decent. We have a local brewery (Papago) that makes a Vanilla-Orange Wheat beer which is really good.

When I head out east, I have to get my fill of Yeungling Lager, which we can't get back here. There is a pub out in the Aberdeen area that makes 'Resurrection', which is awesome.

I like a ton of different beers and styles, it is hard to name them all off the top of my head. Normal, no special occasion beer is Corona.