Originally Posted By: drakino
Politically, I'm glad to see events unfold the way they are, vs the invasion of Iraq a number of years ago. If we (as the US) wants to see democracy spread, we need to let it happen directed by the people in the nations, instead of trying to force it as part of an invasion and later handover. By letting the people in the area take control of their own destiny, we allow them to mirror our own revolution when the rule of the British was broken. I believe this is the way to ensure that people in the area will have more respect, and less resentment towards us.

I think "America" is less about "Democracy" than it is about "Business".
"American Business Interests" take chances and play hardball with their dealings in foreign lands. When they get in trouble, all of a sudden it's "Democracy" and "Our Freedoms" at stake.

In other words,
Originally Posted By: drakino
By letting our businesses take control of the people in the area their own destiny, we allow them to mirror our own revolution when the submit to rule of the British was broken businesses in the name of "Democracy", "Liberty", "Freedom", "America", "Apple Pie", "etc.".

I can't really smirk properly with this puke in my mouth.
/cynic