Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Ah yes, it's really archiving, not backup,

Exactly. The JPG images (edited) would be backed up. I'm talking about a greater volume of archive space for the originals.

Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Cris' business sounds like it's growing quite well

This is what is causing the problem at the moment. Looking at my jobs coming up over the next few months it's clear that I need much more space than I thought, a conservative estimate puts me at 3Tb of RAW files over the next 6 months. This will shrink of course as final image selection is made and some are deleted but that is way more than I can cope with if I don't archive some of the older stuff.

I have all online backup at the moment with several NAS boxes and a Drobo (as well as JungleDisk) I am wasting a lot of that expensive space on files that I'd like to keep, need quick access to on rare occasions. In my head I think 3 years after an event seems a reasonable amount of time for me to keep the RAW files. So I'm trying to plan for that.

I also need to find an automated backup/archive solution for the Mac. The whole reason why offsite tape storage won't work for me is that I am lazy and it needs to just work on it's own.

Cheers

Cris