first time posting, and i have some questions that hopefully will relate to my empeg install in a few months :) i am somewhere around 1400, but i guess that much time will give me time to save up some $$$, seeing as how i dont have any yet.

here is my question. what is the deal with an additional head unit. i have a really new pioneer head unit. not sure of the product number, but it is about the newest pioneer available. for those audiophiles out there, it is the one with the really cool display that has the planets and stuff in entertainment mode. if i have this head unit, can the empeg hook up to it and allow it to play in aux mode, or do i need something with different rca stuff on the back. i.e. i dont know if the rca jacks on the back are output only, or if some can be used as input, or if that even matters. also, if i can do this, can i use the internal amplifier in the pioneer instead of hooking the empeg up to a seperate external amp? kind of confusing, but hopefully this will make sense to someone out there.

lastly, is this thing hard to install? i am no car audio expert, but i can handle putting in a head unit. i did the pioneer and it works fine, but i have never done anything with a seperate amp. just sottering wiring harnesses to the radio and plugging it in. is it harder than this? any help would be appreciated. anyone out there got $1400 they dont need? ;)

thanks in advance,

jeremy strain