Originally Posted By: drakino
Well, the true lesson is that any software can be buggy, or perceived as such

I misunderstood you.

All the pages I've read in the WMP search show clearly that the type of damage made by WMP is not even nearly as bad as that made by iTunes. In >none< of the results I've read, from the search you proposed, files were actually removed from the FS by WMP.
Those two searches are almost a scientific proof, and indeed they are a very relevant statistic evidence, that iTunes is way more damaging to the user data than WMP.
-> In Windows OS environments.

I took your suggested search as a simple joke. If you meant to use it to support the idea that in Windows WMP is just as dangerous to user data as iTunes, or that "any software" can be, you just proved the opposite. Any software IS buggy. Some software is more buggy than other. There's no lesson to be learned other than generalizing to such degree makes no statistic or scientific sense.

And, by saying this, I am in no way supporting any OS war, or Corporation war. Microsoft vs Apple is just not an interesting topic to me, nor one which carries any logic value; precisely because I find it too generic.
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg