Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
So, are you recommending this?

No, I do not! Silly of me to even include the link to their homepage. That codec package terribly slowed the start of many media files types! Do NOT install it. I mean, nothing terrible, and it was also very easily fixable, but still...

Edit:
Also, Doug, just to clarify, I was actually wandering if you had installed any codec package, because that could have been the cause of your problem.
For the records, I've used successfully K-lite codec pack in the past, but again, I would only approach codec packs if you find out you NEED them. Otherwise, don't bother. The reason why I used them a while back is because at the time WMP was not properly playing DVDs and with k-lite it would. And, I only used those in some machines where it was for various reasons not recommendable to install dedicated DVD player software. That was several years ago. On my machines I've tried several codec packs in time, just out of curioisty. Most of them did not harm, but others did.

As to Zune, there is a lot of room for improvement, but I love it. It is very configurable, GUI is nice, I also find it a lot form over function as Matt said, but I just like it. And it looks great while playing. I am not sure it plays as many formats as WMP, but it is great for MP3s. +1 for Zune.

Edited by taym (23/08/2011 19:24)
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg