Originally Posted By: hybrid8
I must admit that learning over a 7 day period, sounds to me, like a completely stupid implementation. I suppose it's great for people that are slow (a few cards short of a full deck), but seriously, if they're this proud of their design skills they should have implemented something that could be set up in 5 minutes by anyone.

How dare they try to cater to the majority of the market and start with a whole new approach! ;-)

I see a lot of possibilities with this. My schedule is not fixed, so a fixed schedule thermostat is not the most efficient for my needs. There are trends in my schedule, and if this thing is smart enough to figure them out, it's one less task I have to think about, while still gaining benefits. What would be really cool is to tie it into the iPhone geofencing abilities with iOS 5. Interconnected, the thermostat at home could know when I'm headed that direction outside the normal trends and ensure the house is at a comfortable level. Extremely useful for the painfully hot Austin summers, where I tended to shut down my AC system completely during the day.