Originally Posted By: Cris
Ha! So it's Kirby that sell like that.

Indeed. I bad this happen to me also. One day they contacted my wife, asking if she would be interested in a demo. (i'm guessing one of her friends provided them her name). This guy also showed up and did a demo of a couple of hours, up to shampooing the carpets. He was willing to answer every question, except when it came to the price. I asked him several times, but he brushed me off every time,saying we would discuss this when the demo had ended.

So then the demo ended and he started writing. Even then he would not simply tell me the price. First he made a complete list of everything the thing could do and what extras came with the unit. The he drew a line under that all and wrote "3300". I told him "that better be the serial number you're writing now, otherwise we're done talking". But he still wouldn't give up, saying he'd ask his district manager to pass by. And indeed, no more than 5 minutes later a second van showed up with an even slicker sales person in it. He started the sales pitch again, but by then I had lost all interest. It took a whole lot of effort to get rid of them both, and I found them very pushy.

It took a whole lot of effort and every fiber of my good upbringing not just to kick them out, but I managed in the end.

Result: the product Kirby itself left an immensely good impression, but I was absolutely disgusted by the way they try to sell them. I can't believe there are still people that actually go for it, but I guess a lot of them are intmidated and simply give in. It's a real shame that a company, which makes a smashing product, wants to lower itself to such seller tactics. It brings the whole brand down IMO.