I'm re-purposing my Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 mini system and just installed Windows 7 on it for the first time. After installing, surprise, most of the major devices still needed drivers. I got the majority from the Zotac web site but even after running through all of those, there's an unknown device on the system.

I'm not sure how that's possible of course. Don't get me wrong, I can believe that there's no driver installed, but I find it hard to believe that anything on a system that needs a driver can be truly unknown. It's only unknown to me because Windows doesn't display any meaningful information about it that I can see in Device Manager.

Any suggestions? I know it's not the keyboard nor mouse as I've unplugged them and let device manager refresh to see that the "unknown" device still shows up.

Honestly, people wonder why on top of everything else Macs carry a premium price. A typical generic PC system when adding Windows is like buying a car without wheels and tires. Which requires very specific wheels and tires that you have to go searching for. On foot. With a limp. Pulling a wheelbarrow. With one hand.

Blindfolded.

Edited by hybrid8 (01/11/2012 12:11)