Just an update: Xantech is the best.

I quickly set up a dry run and it simply worked right out of the box. No problems. I'm so pissed at the other product. It was a piece of junk. I swapped the systems out and everything worked perfectly.

On a related note: I had recommended a Yamaha receiver that fit in these people's budget. I also recommended an Apple TV (they had two iPhones and an iPad). They noticed that the receiver had Airplay in it, so they decided to skip the Apple TV because all they wanted was a way to show photos of their baby on their TV.

Well I guess I wasn't aware that there are different definitions of "Airplay." By that, I mean that apparently Yamaha has their own definition, which ONLY includes music, and even then mostly just from the Music app. I couldn't Airplay photos, video, or Pandora. It just wouldn't work.

It wasn't a huge surprise because, as usual, these are hardware companies that don't realize they're TERRIBLE at software, but it's definitely odd and frustrating. So, I advised them again to get an Apple TV.

Oh, the most annoying part was when I called Yamaha tech support about the issue. I said "so, I'm trying to use Airplay to push music, photos, and video." The response "huh? you can't play photos over Airplay!" A-holes.