I'd say that laser is diametrically opposed to color accuracy. Laser printers generally do four-color (CMYK) prints fast, and are tolerable for printing PowerPoint presentations and Google Maps but are laughable for photo prints. Inkjet printers, on the other hand, use many more than four inks and can apply variable amounts of ink to the same spot, assuming you're using a good paper that can absorb the ink. Then there's the sensitive issue of having the printer and paper calibrated properly with your software driver, the phase of the moon, and the betting lines in Las Vegas.

My advice: Brother and others make some lovely and cheap multifunction devices with b&w laser printers and Ethernet jacks. I've got one in my office and I love it. I'd then add a second color printer, inkjet, specifically for tasks where color accuracy matters. They'll probably also want something that can handle larger sheets than US Letter, which is easy to do with inkjet and hard to do with laser.

Which brand? I dunno. Epson seems to be the top dog for photographers on unlimited budgets. I suspect that you should interrogate your clients in more detail about their needs, particularly for print speed, ink and media cost, and then look into whether the drivers are merely a world of crazy, or are in fact a burning pit of despair.