I was automatically going to reply with the same kind of thing, that "good color" and "laser" are contradictions. But then I realized that I hadn't tried color lasers in several years and that it's possible they've improved the color laser technology lately. Googling tells me that there are some color lasers out there that are getting quite good.

I'm sure that no laser could ever get quite as good as a really nice inkjet on glossy photo paper, but maybe with careful calibration, the client might be happy with one of the better color lasers.

Depends on what they need it for. If they only occasionally need something that really truly looks like a color photograph, then they might consider getting both an inkjet for the glossy photo printing, and a laser for the day to day stuff. That's usually my approach.

On the inkjet side, I recently got a Canon Pixma iX6520 which I liked very much, will print full-bleed (borderless) at 11x17 tabloid sizes, if you can find photo paper that big. I like its output.