Originally Posted By: drakino
Be careful with any settings that mention EFI or BIOS directly.
Oh, yes. Trust me I don't play with BIOS settings randomly. smile

The ONLY thing I have done in the BIOS was to Enable the ErP setting, and we saw how well that worked out. It took me another 15 minutes to get the computer to power up (not boot, just start spinning hard drives and fans) and the only way I could make it happen was to (a) unplug the power cord; (b) turn the power supply switch off; (c) plug in the power cord and listen for the relay click; (d) turn the power supply switch back on; (e) press the start button on the front of the case. This procedure worked twice, the second time allowing me into the BIOS to disable the ErP setting (that is the default) and now it is working almost normally. Strangely enough, I now get a "No Video" message during the bootup at just about the time the full-screen "Durable Gigabyte" logo screen used to appear, but no longer does so.

Maybe I should go into Control Panel -> Power Settings and click on the "Default Settings" button, then do the same in the BIOS. I think there is a restore defaults setting there... or is there?

tanstaafl.