Originally Posted By: mlord
Meanwhile, I have to figure out how to use the bigdisk builder. It's only been a decade or so..

Ahh. the bane of the empeg.. getting stuff into it!

My 44-pin PATA(IDE) to SATA drive adapter doesn't appear to be completely compatible with the empeg/Hijack kernel. I could debug and fix it, but I really just want to get the empeg into the car today, rather than spending all of my time at the computer.

So.. trying other solutions. I have an excruciatingly slow 32GB ADATA CF card that works, so it's currently getting the FID collection copied to it. That'll take another 3 hours or more (on a PC).

But joy! My mSATA to PATA adapter board actually works with the empeg! And the 128GB mSATA drive on hand is considerably quicker than any CF card. So I'm copying stuff to that now too.

This does mean whichever device is used will have to be on the end of the rather short IDE cable from the empeg though, so it will end up being buried in the dash with the empeg itself. At least I can dangle it outside the empeg case, so it can be removed/serviced without having to remove the entire player from the vehicle.

Longer term, I'll likely work on fixing whatever the issue is with the SATA converter, to enable use of a (much) longer cable.