Originally Posted By: drakino
When you first started the iPad Air and began to use it, what did you do? Did you restore it from a backup? If so, did that restore happen from iCloud, or from a computer? If it was set up new, did you at any point put in the ID from your wife?

I did restore it from the backup of my iPad 2, from my computer. (I don't use iCloud, except for contacts backup etc, but not the whole device). I can't remember ever entering my wife's ID, that's what's so strange about it.

The two apps that are showing in the update screen for whatever reason are bound to your wife's ID. Deleting the apps, and redownloading them should bind them to your ID. to fix the current issue. Knowing more about what path you took to setup the iPad will help reveal why the Air thinks it needs your wife's info.

Yes, I've thought about that too and will fix it like that, but I haven't so far because I want to find out what happened. That Apps themselves (Shazam and the Apple Podcast App) are certainly Apps that I installed, and not my wife. Oh well, guess I'll never know...

Edit: I've just deleted and re-installed those two apps. Of course, since they were once installed already, I had to simply click the cloud to re-install them. What was strange was that I didn't have to enter my password when installing them. (or isn't this necessary if you've ever installed Apps before?). Of course, I have no way of knowing if it's ok now. Guess I'll have to wait until the next update and see what it says then.

Originally Posted By: Archeon
I'd like to also completely remove them from my Apps list, in other word, get them scrapped from the "not on iPad" list as well, since they are getting too large in number and I'm never going to install them again anyway.
Anybody knows how I can do that?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4919 - Requires iTunes on a computer.

Excellent! Thanks so much!

Edit: Unfortunately, it seems this method works ok for iTunes, but on the iPad and iPhone itself they are still there (taking up space smile ). I suppose there is no way of clearing those lists up as well?

Edited by Archeon (02/06/2014 05:30)