Yes, you win the pedant awards, Doug. But there's one place where you're wrong. A word and the plural of that word are not the same word. Not to a computer. The ability for a spell checker to recognize either as correctly spelled depends on whether that spell checker has been told that the plural of the word is also correct.

Besides, if you read my post on the Google forum, you'd see that I assumed there were issues with my list. That's not the point. The point is that there are about 100 words that I've come across so far - probably many more - that shouldn't be marked as misspelled. I recognize that a lot of them are a little silly and/or technical, but that doesn't mean they're not words. The overall point I'm trying to make is that Chrome's spell checker is worse than that spell checkers in Google's other properties, and I feel like I've made that point.

Originally Posted By: Shonky
"Creeped" should be "crept"

I'm normally not one to accept words just because they've crept into the vernacular, but I think "creeped" has crept its way in smile

Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
In reality, you only have 102 unique words in your list, one of which ("upgradable") truly is misspelled.

Sorry, Doug, you lost the pedant award. If you're going to make that claim you should do some research. A simple Google search will take you the Merriam Webster where both spellings are considered acceptable, and my version is listed first.

Originally Posted By: peter
Wow, I had to look up "currier". My first reaction was, that's a strange word for "Indian restauranteur".

Haha, that one truly is my bad. Oops! I also screwed up on the ophthalmology words. Dang. Too many letters!

Quote:
As a "fogey" I'm sort-of happy with Chrome's opinion that "town-home", "shower-head", "curve-ball", and maybe even "counter-top" and "back-light" aren't single words, that "remote" and "silo" aren't verbs and that "procedural" isn't a noun.

I was using procedurals as in "police procedurals," but yes, that's a bit of a colloquialism. However, I have never seen any of your hyphenated words in that form. Perhaps it's only a recent thing, but around here, you look for upgradable countertops and showerheads in your new townhome. I'll forgive a Brit for not knowing how to throw a curveball, though you can look up how if the backlight on your device's screen is bright enough. laugh