Originally Posted By: Dignan
Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily expect the dock to work in the BIOS, but this one doesn't work at the login screen, which I find odd. I'd think that the drivers would be loading in the background once Windows boots, and that there would at least be keyboard and mouse support!

Exactly. Yeah, there's something weird about that. The dock, even without any drivers loaded, should function for the keyboard and mouse at least, since at that point it's just a USB hub. The parts that might not necessarily work at first, and which would require the drivers to load, would be the external monitor display outputs, the external speaker/audio outputs, and the Ethernet port.

If it were me, I'd test to see whether a USB keyboard and mouse even worked at all on that laptop at the login screen, if they are plugged directly into the laptop's USB ports. If so, then yes, it's the dock's fault, but I find the problem a weird one. I don't have that problem with my dock, and I don't see why any dock should fail to work in that particular way.