If you do CAD work, or PCB work, or anything where you pore over huge drawings, get one of these:

Immediately.

It's a Philips BDM4065UC. The thing is huge, very pretty, and absolutely exactly what I've been looking for for years.

3840 x 2160 on a 40 inch screen, 60Hz via display port from an ATI 7870 card, and a very nice picture indeed with remarkably high contrast. I need to colour balance it and the two Dell 2407 monitors to either side, but overall I'm blown away by how well it works.

To give some perspective, the piece of paper on the lower left side is A4. The monitor has almost exactly the same area as A1, although a slightly different aspect ratio.

It replaces the six Dell 2407s I've been using for some years, with one panel that's more or less the equivalent of four of them. The total power bill reduction from replacing four of them and the three HD3850 cards that were driving them with this monster will probably pay for it in a couple of years! smile

Not to mention I get a suprisingly large amount of desk space back as well.

And 4K video is just stunning on it, even from Youtube.

Mind you, 1080p looks rather crude, and 720p is just crap... Or very very small.

So yes, very pleased indeed. I just needed to share that wink

pca

Attachments
IMG_4800sm.JPG (1103 downloads)
Description: BDM4065UC and friends