So I'm seriously interested in getting myself one of these. Thanks (sarcastically). Probably quite overkill for me smile

Patrick: can you tell me if in the PBP mode you can run it as two separate 1920x2160 displays? The manual shows PBP (PBP 2Win) looking more like two side by side 1920x1080 displays with 3840x540 blank sections above and below. There is a mode using 4 inputs (i.e. four 1920x1080) as well (PBP 4Win) but that would require 4 display outputs. I have not found much detail in any of the reviews - only the manual but it's a bit vague (http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/b/bdm4065uc_75/bdm4065uc_75_dfu_aen.pdf page 10)

Reason I ask is the my current laptop doesn't support higher than 2560x1600. USB-UHD adapters only go up to 30Hz at UHD resolutions. I found an Amazon comment where someone was running two USB adapters at 50Hz each on a different display (maybe 60Hz is possible with this panel). i.e. the machine just sees two different monitors side by side. The only real issue I see with it is that maximising a window would maximise to half the screen size. That actually might be somewhat useful and then with the inbuilt Windows snaps to left and right halves of the display i.e. there'd be 4 of them then. There's probably some way to maximise across multi monitor setups too if I really want.

I'm aware of the bandwidth issues but I'm happy enough with that for now. I'm mainly doing coding but I'm concerned about 30Hz refresh rates for mouse pointers, cursors etc. Maybe I shouldn't be. It's a big investment though and if I buy and find 30Hz is a deal breaker and this idea doesn't work, then I'm up for another $1-2k+ for new machine (nothing that I like right now).

Thanks
Christian
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)