I would imagine that he's more worried about invalidating his warranty, and player subsequently going bad.

Rob, you're close, but I'm not really worried that it'll go bad from adding the disk, or from new faults developing.
I am worried about the problems that have recently shown, causing my system (fuse/amp/empeg combination!) to go dead a few times Until earlier this week, I blamed the amp. But now the amp is (said to be) healthy, the fault could be in the empeg and I donot want to loose your support on sorting this existing (??) problem, by merely seating another disk.

At the same time, you guys have been honest and open on all issues raised here (you probably qualify for a couple of 'Awards of the Year' for innovation and service, for example -- too bad you'll still have to wait a year), such that I'm confident that we can sort things out if the fault is in Emma after all. Also Big John's de-thump device will cut out the pops on power down, so it may well be that the problem never shows again. And i'll check the pre-amp board too.

Henno
# 00120