Originally Posted By: DWallach

Why wait? If you're looking for a higher-end phone, as in something with 128GB internally, then you might as well wait for the "VR-ready" phones that are coming soon. At Google IO, earlier this summer, Google spoke of a standardized minimum spec for phones meant to run VR applications. That will presumably include a 4K display and other GPU-related goodies, and if you want to get serious about VR, then you want to be downloading and caching lots of geometry and imagery, which would imply more Flash storage.

I did not mention this before, but I really value a large screen, so 5X is not an option for me.

128GB storage is mostly for apps, music, video, and relative peace of mind over time. Admittedly 800 Euros is quite a high price, so I'll have to think about it and definitely a drop in price may be really interesting.

VR capable device are going to be VERY interesting, but that is not yet a requirement. Mostly, I am afraid my phone may die before VR becomes a viable option. I certainly hope not, though, so, we'll see.
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg