Originally Posted By: Dignan
Originally Posted By: canuckInOR
Is this in the US? Does the church not have a 501c3 designation letter from the IRS? And if not in the US, it seems that Google also uses Tech Soup registration for eligibility requirements. I'm really curious how a church can't get recognized as a non-profit (unless it's the Scientologists).

When we went through this process initially it was a year or two ago, and they didn't do things through Tech Soup. They had their own in-house people doing it (or so it seemed from the outside). The church is a 501c3, but it's also part of a larger organization or something...I don't know, it was complicated, and for some reason they came back to us a week or so later and said they were rejecting the application, and I had no recourse.

That's really odd. Maybe it's the fact that it's part of a larger organization that was the issue. Google's lack of transparency is really frustrating, sometimes. When I signed up my wife's theatre, all I had to do was send a copy of the 501c3 designation letter from IRS. We were accepted the next day. I wonder what would happen if you tried to apply again...