I've been using my iPhone for a while now as my source of music inside my car, but it's hardly comparable to my Empeg. Unfortunately I cannot install my Empeg in my current car anymore. (no DIN slot anymore, like most modern cars...)

That's why I was wondering if there is some kind of iOS audio player out there which at least can do some stuff the Empeg can.

Things I miss the most:
- decent shuffle play. I have playlists with up to 500 tracks per list. But it seems the iPhone favors some tracks, and discriminates others. It's always the same tracks that get played.
- The thingie where a certain track would play, and I would press a button and another track by the same artist or album got added into the playlist as the next track to play. That is one of the best features of the Empeg I think, and I still have never seem any other player do it.
- Wendy filters... Oh yes!

I also hate it that my iPhone sometimes skips a beat in the middle of the track, or even refuses to play the beginning of the track and starts mid-track. And I'm absolutely sure nothing is wrong with the mp3 files themselves, because they play fine on my PC, Empeg and every other device except for my iPhone 6s.

I would love it if somebody could point me towards an alternative player app which does a better job at playing tracks than the stock player does. Thanks!