Originally Posted By: tfabris
I just looked up Ooma directly and they seem to say that they do support faxing over an Ooma line,

Yes, and no. Even with T38 it requires good quality lines, and from a little village in the mountains of Mexico that is asking a lot. More importantly, it requires the newer OOMA Telo gateway.

Back in 2008 Jean and I were among the first 100 or so OOMA purchasers (we actually went to their office in Palo Alto and spent an hour with the head of OOMA's product development team!) and are still using the first generation OOMA hub. We would have to upgrade the hardware to get T38 capability.

Originally Posted By: OOMA
Ooma is currently looking into new ways to improve the reliability of faxing with the Ooma system, including use of the T.38 FoIP protocol. Note: If you find a need for reliable faxing, we recommend that you keep a Landline for this purpose.

I am exploring a few options, including getting the State of Alaska involved to put pressure on the insurance company to re-enable email attachments. The State has helped me in the past with my everlasting battles with the company.

tanstaafl.