Originally Posted By: tfabris
Originally Posted By: Dignan
how is she filling up so much space?

My guess: some of those emails have file attachments. Are there filtering options in Gmail to sort emails by those which have the largest file attachments? I'll bet that if you can do that, you'll find that there are a handful of emails taking up the majority of the space. I'd argue that that's the most efficient way to free up space, rather than doing it by date.

Definitely. I had instructions for that in a previous post, but I Doug hasn't updated us on his progress, so I'm still throwing stuff at the wall smile

I forgot to mention in that previous email that the following flag might be useful:

has:attachment

But if you're searching for emails above a few MB you'll probably be mostly seeing emails with attachments.

Quote:
Quote:
I definitely hold on to my emails indefinitely as well. Every email gets archived, just in case

Back when I was the guy running the email server, your type was the bane of my existence. :-)

That's why I put my small business clients in the cloud laugh

I totally get that it's a waste of space, but I have tons, and I really do refer to old emails constantly. GMail search makes it so easy.