With regards to the Apple X: I've been using iPhones for 6 years now, several different generation, but this is the first time I'm thinking: I wonder what the Google Pixel 2 will be?

I'm thinking Apple has surpassed a psychological boundary here with the price (higher than 1000 euro in Europe)

The screen looks nice, but as Dan said, several high-end Android devices already do a lot better. I also don't care for the FaceID technology a lot. Looks to me like a solution to an invented problem, because TouchID already works good, fast and reliable for me. I would be very surprised if FaceID would be faster than TouchID, especially since you have to look at it for it to work. When I now take my phone from my pocked, I already unlock it with my fingerprint while doing so. By the time I'm facing my phone, it's already unlocked.
I also don't really care for the way FaceID will provide Apple with a passport photo, heck even a 3D scan of my face. They claim the image data remains on the phone, but I remain very skeptical when it comes to stuff like this.

My conclusion is, it's a nice phone, but not revolutionary in any way (well, except for its price maybe). Everything it does has already been done by older phones:

* OLED screen -> Nokia (N85)
* Bezel-less screen -> Sharp (arquos)
* Glass backside -> Samsung
* Wireless charging -> Nokia (820/920)/ Google/LG (Nexus 4) (about the same time (september/ october 2012)
* Facial recognition -> Microsoft (950/ 950XL)