I wrote down my thoughts as I read the Engadget live blog. I was mostly positive about the announcements today:

First event at Steve Jobs theater! Nice words said about him.

I wasn't aware the spaceship was run on renewable energy! Very cool. Does anyone know if this is direct or partially through credits? I assume direct.

Sorry, Apple retail stores are not town squares.

Glad the retail stuff was short. I like when these things move along at a good pace. I like that they're not focusing on numbers. Making it more about people.

Watch:

Really interested in this heart study stuff. Should get some good data. I wonder about the privacy aspects, though. Lots of nice improvements! Faster, more power efficient, nice new features. Happy that there's non-LTE models. I get the use case, but I'm not a runner and I always have my phone on me.

AppleTV:

4K HDR, very nice! Seems really powerful. Thinking about finally getting this.

iPhone 8:

For the most part, the usual incremental upgrades, but of course still a great phone. User-facing advances are more software. The AR stuff is pretty awesome.

Ooo, one hardware bit is the wireless charging. Surprised Apple decided to go with the wider standard of Qi. Great news for me, since I already have a bunch of Qi stuff (this is where the grump in me points out that Qi has been around for years now).

Very happy that 64GB is the minimum now. That's fantastic. All I've needed for the past few years is 64GB.

iPhone X!

Very attractive! But very expensive. I'm extremely wary of the Face ID stuff, just from a UX standpoint. Having to be face-front to the phone doesn't sound pleasant in all situations. Did they not want to mimic the rear touch sensor or something?

Also, I swear if I'm sitting behind someone and get a flash of light in my face because they're unlocking their phone, I'm going to be super pissed. That part makes it really seem like a clunky design. I'm pretty surprised about that.

Overall, the hardware they announced was really nice. The X is cool, but I have reservations. I'll wait and see what users/reviewers say about it.