Guys, I've got another Music problem with my iPhone.

I finally took up the job of cleaning up my MP3 tags the ways iTunes likes them, so I copied all #Artist fields to #AlbumArtist as well (otherwise a separate entry for every track is made), and filled in track# and disc# for every track.

I tried to make it as simple as possible, not only for myself, but also for iTunes.

I checked the "manage Music and Videos manually" box. This enables me to drag and drop mp3's straight from Windows Explorer to iTunes.

I uploaded only the Top 40 stuff of my collection. To keep it very simple, I ordered all tracks by the decade they were released in. So the Genres tag is "sixties", "seventies, "eighties", ...Etc.

The idea is that I could then simply tap on genre "seventies" and shuffle if I only want to hear stuff from the seventies for a change.

I do not use playlists at all.

Here's the stupid part : this works for seventies, nineties and nillies. NOT for sixties, eighties and teens. When I tap one of those, Music says "loading", but does nothing. I thought there was a faulty track in there somewhere, but there isn't. All my tracks are verified. Besides, the Sixties folder only contains 10 tracks (hey, I'm a kid of the eighties!). Even copying only ONE of those tracks and then let it "shuffle" doesn't work. Tapping the file itself directly DOES make it play though.

I'm stumped. I already tried deleting all the tracks and copying them back, but that makes no difference. Surprisingly enough, shuffling everything does work! So it's also no matter of having too much tracks.

When I google for this problem, I find a lot a results regarding iTunes problems, but I don't believe iTunes is at fault here, it's the Music app itself.

Does this problem ring a bell for someone?