I think it's pretty clear that the cell phone market is leveling off. Both the Pixel 2 and iPhone 8 don't really bring that much new stuff to the table, and at this point it's all about incremental upgrades.

Anyway, folks have heard me whine about Apple for years, so get ready for the other shoe:

As I predicted, Google is all in on the assistant, and they're obsessed with it, even if it's not always the most useful thing. I just hope they can get it to be smarter, because I only found that voice searches got dumber the longer I owned the Pixel XL.

That Google Clip is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Nobody is going to buy that, there's no use for it, and it's going to fail miserably. I mean seriously, what is that for? Do you just carry it around everywhere and whenever you enter a room you just put it down someplace? I'm sure that'll work great. This product baffles me.

Are people really buying a $1K Chromebook? It seemed to me that the only price points for a Chromebook were the $250 and $500 levels. Anything higher than that and what are you getting? You can open Google Sheets faster? I can get a Dell XPS 15 for that kind of money and have a real operating system.

Home Max - should have figured this would come out after I jumped ship, but it's even more expensive than the HomePod. It'll be interesting to hear sound quality comparison reviews, though.

The translation stuff is cool. Can't knock that.

Lastly, what's in the new Daydream, Dan? I couldn't tell. I have the first one and was underwhelmed by it. What's the deal there?

To be clear, this isn't sour grapes because I'm an iPhone user now. I moved to iPhone because I'm not a fan of the moves Google is making right now. I'm fine with some of this, and I think the Pixel was already the best phone Google had ever made and is capable of holding its own against the competition.