Adjusting the track start and end points might be tricky, depending on the software in question. For instance, your software might not let you "add another track" for the bonus track. You could rip the last track twice, I suppose, adjusting its start and end points with each rip. Still, I don't know of any software that'll do it automatically or transparently.

Also:

I don't think that playing the two songs consecutively was one of his requirements. I think all he wanted was a way to easily get two correctly-sized tracks out of the one big lastsong+bonus track.

But if playing the two songs together (or playing ANY two songs together) is a requirement, it's pretty easy to stitch two MP3s together. Since MP3 is a streaming format, simply appending the files is usually enough:

- Correct the files so that the silence is removed, as described in the other post.

- Remove any ID3 tags from the first MP3 file, for instance, using a recent version of WinAmp.

- Use the DOS "copy" command to append the files to each other:

copy file1.mp3 + file2.mp3 largefile.mp3

- If necessary, correct the file name and tags of the resulting "combined" file.

I sometimes do this for certain pieces that sound good when played together.