switching the unit off doesn't actually turn anything off. It just puts it in standby mode
Yeah, but switching off ignition didn't cure it either, and that should write 'state' to memory shouldn't it?

do you have dual-drive systems?
Yes, I have two drives. You think this has anything to do with it?

And are the missing songs on the second drive?
Interesting suggestion! I haven't checked this, and ehh, honestly I don't have a clue how to do this. Nothing to hunt for as the tracks with missing file names do not play! So: no name / no content. Any suggestions to find out which fids get skipped?

Is this just a loose-jumper-on-the-second-drive problem?
I guess you mean a loose connector. Could be. I promissed myself to open up the player when the tuner arrives to check if the connectors still sit tight, though I find it difficult to believe that they have come loose so slightly that it only causes temporary errors when in the car after 2-3 hours playing, and connect properly on a cold boot when the player is yanked out of the cage two minutes later. Will check soon (I hope)

My guess is that somehow the playlist itself gets corrupted, but I've no clue how to substantiate this. Any ideas? Can I somehow dump the playlist?

Will let you know if the connectors still sit tight on the disks. Just waiting for the tuner to arrive . . .

Henno
mk2 6 nr 6