Scenario: My Empeg's output goes to my car's Kenwood head unit, which I am currently using for AM/FM radio and the occasional CD. I just ordered the tuner module, but I still plan on using my head unit as my amplifier.

Today it occurred to me that even though I'm getting the tuner module, it would be nice to have AM/FM capability on my head unit. On short trips to the grocery store, for instance, I sometimes leave my Empeg at home rather than drag it out, take it out of its case, slide it in for one or two songs, pull it out, put it back in its case, and carry it back into the house (whilst also trying to carry groceries!)

So my question: Can the antenna cable be split to feed into both my Kenwood's tuner and my Empeg's tuner module? It seems to me this might cause some sort of weakness in reception, or perhaps not be feasible at all... I'm guessing I'd have to fashion my own cable to do this? I cannot imagine this is a common practice, but the ability to listen to the radio without my Empeg in the car would be advantageous.

So, can this be done?

-Tony
MkII #554