When I first boot up and switch to the tuner, there is a very bass-y "hum" that happens as the tuner is trying to hone in on the signal. It's rather loud and obnoxious.

This has been reported by some other users. There has not yet been a clear answer on what causes it, but Hugo seemed to indicate it might be a software bug that will be fixed on the next release.

I noticed sometimes a clock appears in the lower right hand corner. I'm guessing this based on RDS data?

Correct. If the radio station's RDS clock is wrong, you have a few options. You can:

- Ignore it, knowing it's wrong.
- Call the station engineer and tell him about the problem.
- Switch to a full-screen visual so it doesn't bother you (2.0 only).

Would it be possible to allow the next and previous preset buttons continue on to the next bank, as if they were all one bank?

Yuck. I often use the "wrap around" feature within a bank, because I know it only takes three clicks to reach A1 from A8 and your suggestion would negate that functionality.

You are aware that there's a "bank" button on the Rio remote?

I understand visuals for the tuner are coming in 2.0. Any chance it will allow separate settings for Tuner visualization and MP3 visualization?

Hmm, maybe you'll have to wait for 2.0 and find out for yourself, hmm?

However, with an RDS station, the preset name is ignored once RDS is picked up, and it's replaced with their own station name string. I'd rather keep mine.

This happens to me, as well. But it's only with one station, and their replacement isn't much different from my preset name. To me, it's no big dea. The important thing is that I can see my preset name when I switch stations, and that's really all I care about.