You can go the rather convoluted route of using RZ and SZ (Receive ZModem and Send ZModem). Telnet into the empeg using Hyperterminal, remount one of the partitions in r/w mode (don't forget to umount first). Then, type 'rz' on the empeg to initiate a receive and use Hyperterminal to SZ the file to the empeg.

The real problem with doing this is that the displayserver installer tries to find the .mp3 file in the playlist database (it greps the entire list until it finds a file with the correct file size (very dodgy) then extracts it. It may be possible but I don't know how to add a manually uploaded file to the empeg tracks database.

I ended up doing a manual install by simply copying the actions described in the display server read me e.g. "tar xzfO blah.mp3 install.sh | /usr/bin/bash" (or something similar) etc. I did manage to get it all up and running eventually but unfortunately, it has a tendency to core dump whenever I try to use any of the exciting features like streaming mp3s to my PC.

--
Dean

--
Dean