Just as a quick note, something I witnessed yesterday... n6mod already posted a reply on this subject, but I wanted to make sure it had its own header in the Bug Reports forum:

If your tuner's signal strength meter shows five bars, but the radio reception is terrible, you have received a defective (mis-wired) tuner extension plug.

Disconnect the extension plug and connect the tuner directly to the plug on the sled, and the situation should improve significantly.

There is one extra wire on the extension plug for the antenna remote line. If you need this wire, I'm guessing you can probably figure out how to steal the pin from the extension plug and insert it into the sled's plug (or something like that, Hugo, help me out here) in order to get this wire's functionality again.

Or you could just hook up your antenna control wire to your amp remote wire-- some people do this, it simply means the antenna will also extend (and/or be power-boosted, depending on the type of antenna) whenever you listen to MP3s.

If you're not good with wires, or if you still need the extension, then I'm sure you can get a properly-wired replacement if you contact support.