Does this remote have any chance of being reprogrammed? Has anyone seen anything comparable that has that ability? Before anyone jumps in and says that you can re-assign codes on the empeg, let me just say it's not that I'm worried about. I won't be setting the empeg up as a preamp, so I won't be using its volume controls. Empeg output goes to a Clarion headunit before going to my amplifiers. So to adjust the volume I need the HU to receive the commands - and I doubt very much the Clarion just happens to use the Kenwood codes. :) But I may as well go check the Crutchfield site and search...

The only way to reprogram this unit is with a soldering iron. It's small, cheap and designed to control Kenwood only. I don't know of any steering wheel remotes that are re-programmable. They could make a mint doing one though. Design like the Blaupunt Thummers, but with a learning or programming capability... I'd buy several.

BTW, where did you guys install the sending unit?

Well, I'm mounting under the wheel, for control with my fingertips when grasping the wheel. My car has a pod on the right side of the wheelhub containing the cruise controls. I've got the sender situated at the base of this pod, with it's support arm almost entirely inside the pod. I'm using the adhesive pretty much as a friction pad with the wire tape holding the sender at the base of the wire. I'm really enjoying this. It's extremely easy to use, and it's not visible looking down on the wheel. The passenger has a view of it, but even so, they really have to be looking for it. I can post pictures if anyone cares to see.