Okay, I'm trying this out myself now. Independent of Hijack, we're talking only the empeg player software here:

- Load up my 10-song "DEMO" playlist.

- Turn off repeat (all my playlists are set to auto-repeat).

- Temporarily get wrapped up in the songs (damn these sound good on the player).

- Advance to near the end of the last song. Let it play to the end. It reaches the end and "End of playlist" is displayed".

(NOTE: At this point what it has done is go back to track 1 of the 10-song playlist and then paused.)

- Press down button: Menu opens, song does not unpause.

- Turn volume knob: Volume changes OK, song does not unpause.

- Press volume knob: Sound settings appear, song does not unpause.

- I know that pressing the pause button in this (non-slept) state will unpause it, but that's not contested, so I'm not going to bother to try it here.

- Press right-button. It advances to the next track but does not unpause. (Damn, I thought it unpaused in this situation. Actually, I think it SHOULD unpause in this situation!)

- Press left-button. It goes back to the first track but does not unpause.

Okay, let's go through this again, this time with the player slept each time...

- Get to "End of playlist" screen by playing the list and advancing to the end of the last song.

- Just for the heck of it, pull the power and see what it does when I re-apply: Player boots, and is still paused. Although it does not say "end of playlist".

- Just to make sure, I re-queue the playlist and make sure that "repeat" is off. I think that one is still not saved across power-pulls, gotta double check that one sometime. Go back to the End of Playlist screen.

- Sleep the player with the top button.

- Wake the player with the right button. It comes up still paused, and End of Playlist is still displayed.

- Sleep it again and wake the player with the left button. Same. Does not unpause.

- Sleep it again and wake the player with the down button. Same. Does not unpause.

- Sleep it again and wake the player with the top button. Same. Does not unpause.

You know what, I can't get it to fail. According to all these tests, it's behaving the way you say you want it to behave.

Are you sure you're (A) running 2.0 beta 7, and (B) not doing anything in third-party additions (such as Hijack) that might cause this problem?