:-)

I've just finished going through the same process and my results don't match yours Tony.

I have downgraded to 2.0b7 without HiJack to make sure this is not a HiJack issue. I have a playlist with two 5 second tracks (not set to repeat or anything) that I am testing with.

Ok, I play the playlist. Pause it. Sleep the player with the top button. Wake the player by pressing any button (including the top button). Player stays paused. This is good, this is the expected behaviour.

By the way, I disagree with your suggestion that left/right should unpause when player is paused. If it did that there would be no way of silently advancing through a playlist, i.e. I wouldn't be able to pause it, advance a couple of tracks and unpause it (which I do quite a bit) without getting to play the start of each track. At least with the way it works now you get the choice, either you can advance while paused, or you can unpause then advance.

Ok, now I unpause my playlist and let it run to the end. I put the player into standby using the top button. Now if I press ANY button it comes out of standby AND unpauses.

I have no idea why this behaves differently on my player Tony. I didn't have this behaviour in pre 2beta7 builds, back then it did what I expect it to.

The only think that I can think of is that you are running a later build in which it has been fixed ?

The only other difference I can see is you skipped to get to the end of the playlist and I ran it all the way through.