Great stuff as usual, mlord. Just so you know, that app I've been working on is progressing very well this weekend... Since I'm under the weather, about all I can do is hack on my computer, so...

Hey I have an addition to the wish list. This isn't for what I'm working on now, but for a future project... I know that the currently playing FID, timecode, etc. is written to the flash every second or so... Any way to give us an ioctl() to retrieve this information? This would open up a window for applications to synchroni[sz]e (albeit primatively) with the songs. Among other things...

Also, to open up the "where do we write stuff" discussion... Is there anyone out there who's working on a method to write stuff to a raw sector on the disks? I just don't have the experience to sector-level I/O, especially when the player can lose power at any moment! The lack of persistent storage, even a relatively small amount of it, seems to be the next hurdle. We're running out of bits in that powersave flash block!