You'll never know if you don't ask

Absolutely. And by all means Toby, Hugo, and the boys are all regular readers of these forums. When I asked my question about a graphics API, I was asking anyone who might have that knowledge. That includes the Empeg team.

We would of course would appreciate any assistance they can give us in this regard. But it's not like I'm asking a specific question about a specific hurdle I'm trying to overcome, I'm really asking for a complete Empeg graphics API. I didn't address them specifically on this request because I didn't consider the thought of them releasing any of their code, and knew some others had worked on a graphics API in the past.

Getting our hands on the assembler routines that are used for the visuals would be awesome, but I guess I didn't consider it as a possibility based on the previous responses to such requests.

In any event, the GD libraries are working well enough for me to release a "playable" version of my game in the next week or two. I was just looking ahead to other more graphics-intensive user apps which might be on the horizon.