I'd really like some type of batch wildcard renaming abilities added to emplode. This would have to go bit beyond the wildcard renaming functions od the DOS rename command though. But still be fairly easy to use.

I keep my MP3 files on a 60GB disk and labled to allow for proper sorting. That means the 4-digit year prefacing each album title, inside an artist folder. When bringing this into emplode it allows things to sort in the correct order. However, I'd love to be able to strip these digits out of the names in the database.

Actually, if I had an advanced tool that allowed parsing of the filename and adding some of that to the data fieldsm that would be optimal. Then these playlists that were formerly folders, would lose the year in their names, but could get it added to the Year field of their properties.

I have a lot of material like this (450 albums or so) and do not look forward to manually doing all the work. I'd also love to be able to mass set the genre field for selected playlists based on the songs within that playlist (these album lists have the same genre field for each song within them, but their own genre field is obviously blank by default because they were originally just folders).

Options like this will really add to the management aspects of emplode. These things are possible in a couple of MP3 tagger programs I have, but obviously anything to do with the music on the empeg needs a custom solution.

This should also be considered a suggestion for anyone else who wants to develop a third-party program for this purpose alone or other batch operations, not to mention JEmplode.

Bruno