Okay, here are some install pics:

http://www.zero-ping.com:8080/empeg/

Here are the install notes.

1) Time did an awesome job! I am in awe.

2) Time only had to cut a tiny bit of the console at the bottom, and he did it cleanly, besides the empeg handle hangs over it even if he hadn't done a good job.

3) A gremilin sneaked in after the inital wiring, when the new head unit worked properly, but then didn't, and we had to move a wire in the harness. Frustrating, but works now.

4) No airbags were deployed during this installation.

5) I will probably put a little black foam along the very thin edges, where you can just barely see past (the camera pics above really exaggerate it due to the flash).

6) More often than not, upon starting the car, the unit behaves as if it has just seen power for the first time in it's life. This may be the shutdown timeout (120 seconds) I had. I moved it up to 30 minutes to experiment. Occasionally the unit won't come on at all, and must be pulled out and put back in. I am thinking this is the negative spike issue.

7) I am seriously concerned about hijack reporting a temperature of 58C/136F after driving for about an hour. The install has the top of the empeg right up against the bottom of the head unit, serverly restricting airflow into the empeg. When I pulled the unit, the case felt pretty warm, but not 136F. There is enough room above the head unit to mount a 4" fan to blow air down over the units, I will probably do that and tie the fan to ignition.

8) Dreams do come true.

Thanks to the empeg folks, and Time for the installation.

rjf&