You look like you'd really benefit from one of Rob's wooden fascias.

The install in my Integra is pretty much the same configuration you have. Empeg under CD head unit (a Clarion in my case). When mlord gets back from vacation I'll try out hijack and see what kinds of temperatures I'm getting. I had the empeg playing for about 12 hours yesterday sitting on top of a CD jewel case on top of my flatbed scanner (which is off) and it never got very hot. Only warm to the touch at most. And it was pretty warm in the room to begin with.

I'll consider a small fan inside the unit, but I don't know how well it will work since most of the airways will be blocked - the side ones are blocked by the dock and the top by the other head unit (minus a tiny bit of space of course).

I only just installed the empeg dock today. If I had to do it again (I'm not going to undo the great job my brother and I already did), I would add a collar to the dock to bring it out about 1/4". I didn't think about this while installing it and now I can't close the handle all the way when the empeg is full inserted. Doh. Well, that's only partially true. I can close it all the way if I nudge the entire unit up a bit. But then there's no way to open the handle because it's jammed so tight and close to the trim under the unit. I'm cool with it this way though. Still looks fine. Pics will be up after I put the rest of my console back.

Bruno