Hi Tony. I got a Powershot G2 for Christmas. Fantastic camera, same ass-poor software. Bloated is definitely the word. I thought the same thing, "why not an explorer type interface?" Oh well. My advice? Go check out the forums at dpreview.com. I remember looking there a while ago and seeing all kinds of negative talk about Zoombrowser, and a multitude of alternatives. I went there yesterday but the search function on the message board was out of order. Try that place, it's like this message board for digital cameras. Lots of people with know-how and no flaming/trolling that I've seen. Heck, I've seen people posting pics of their kids that they took on Christmas Good place.

These Canons are fantastic cameras. Check out Cnet. Canon holds the top spot in almost every single category. I love mine already.

If you find an alternative like you're talking about, please let me know! (and I didn't know zoombrowser took that much!)

edit-oh yeah, I just remembered. the closest I've gotten to what we're talking about is simply using Zoombrowser to download the images, then closing it and working with the folders as I like. It just saves them to the program's directory (in "Image Library One" or something).