Well, I suppose it had to happen eventually. The 12GB hard drive in my Mk2 sounds like a dying llama when it is running. It still seems to work fine, but those noises emenating from a hard drive are never good, and I've heard them way too many times.

So basically what I want to do is replace the 12 gigger with a 30 gigger or so, and transfer all my muzak/database to the new drive before the 12 dies. Anyone happen to know of a good mirror software that would run on the empeg? Maybe just a cpio across the drives? Or is there an easier (better) way to mirror even partition information from one drive to another?

I just need to be able to drop the 30 gig in, and have it run normally as if nothing ever happened. I don't know how the empeg partitions are setup, or the bootloader, and so on. Is it possible to just drop the 30GB drive in there and install 2.00-beta7 onto it without even having any partitions on the drive? Then I can just use tools to backup the fids and music to my PC hard drive, and transfer it back?

Suggestions would be great! Thanks!