I happily started up my car today and unhappily noticed my Empeg was stopping during the player init. The messages were flashing by but it got stuck at "Building music databases". It was stuck there for a minute or two so I pulled the Empeg out and tried to start it up again, same thing.

So I came home and looked at the serial output and saw this:

mount: /drive1 not mounted already, or bad option
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
Using non-standard cache size 108 (adjustment 32)
player.cpp : 550:empeg-car 2.00-beta7 (internal) 2001/12/22.
! tunedb_disk.cpp :1224:Database size mismatch error.

There were then several minutes of disk activity followed by the player app restarting and everything looking fine. But when I reboot, it AGAIN comes up with "Building music databases" and the same error on the debug output. This is not convenient!

So what's happening here? First off, what would have corrupted my database? Second, is the player actually mounting /drive0 and re-writing the database file? That sounds pretty shady because I was in the car at the time and I pulled the plug while this was happening... I'd like to know how to handle this when it happens again, but even more, I'd like to know what the heck could have corrupted my database when it's supposedly READ ONLY and I hadn't mounted writeable in a week or two.

So maybe re-synching will fix my database, but if that's the case, what is the player doing for two or three minutes while all that disk activity is happening?

Thanks.