I've got a lot of multi-channel material in the form of DTS and Dolby Digital CDs and DVDs. I would like to listen to this stuff in my car - I currently have an outboard DTS decoder for my car. Ideally, the empeg would support Ogg Vorbis with 4 channels of output but since it doesn't look like Ogg will be available for an integer only platform I was thinking....

Would it be possible to get the empeg to play two mp3's simultaneously with the output of the first mp3 going to the front two outputs and the second mp3 going to the rear two ouputs? That way I could rip and re-mix the audio from multi-channel sources to two mp3 files and play them back that way. It might be nice to package the two mp3s into an uncompressed tar file to make house-keeping easier. Off the cuff, it sounds like this shouldn't be too hard, because of all the aggressive buffering that the player does now, it shouldn't be too hard to keep both mp3's in sync during playback.

Another alternative would be getting sp-dif out from the empeg and just storing the DTS tracks as wav files. I've read that there is something on the MkII board that makes getting digital audio out almost easy, but the details where not specified - is it simply a matter of attaching an rca jack to two contacts on the board or would it take more than that to get a standard sp-dif output working?